Monday, April 16, 2018

Harriet

I'd like to introduce you to Harriet. She just popped up from nowhere on a sunny day with a secretive little smile on her face.

"Harriet" is a watercolour on paper measuring 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm)

I'm beginning to learn a bit about which type of watercolour paper I prefer to use, how much water is good or bad on my brush, which size brush is best for what ... and just generally what comes naturally with a bit of practise.

There's been a lot of moving the studio (grand word for a little space!) around so that I'm comfortable and not tripping anyone up with the extended legs of my easel. The palette of watercolour paints has now found it's place at the top of my easel and a shelf has been cleared for water and brushes. I need a safe place for the water because I'm a real klutz and knock and drop things very easily indeed.

Now, with a swivel of my chair, I can be at my computer keyboard, be oil painting or glass painting on my table, or be watercolour painting at my easel. And there's still space for Bridie the German Shepherd under my table. Voila!

"Harriet" by Lynda Cookson

My art website  :  https://lyndacookson.blogspot.fr/


No comments: